Monday, June 13, 2005

Afleet Alex

Afleet Alex isn't a Triple Crown champ, but was certainly very impressive. He blew away the field in the Belmont Stakes, winning by seven lengths.

I often lament the fact that I wasn't around to see Secretariat win by 31 lengths (I was born about two weeks after he did that). But, I shouldn't be too disappointed. I'll never forget when Afleet Alex almost fell, then shot past everyone in the Preakness. That was awesome! It's a moment that should live on forever in horse racing. Certainly the highlight of this year.

If you'd like to sound off on anything you read here, e-mail me at: seepersports@aol.com. The best comments (and responses to them) will be posted here from time to time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?