Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Hoping Mets make a run

With 35 games left, the Philadelphia Phillies have a tiny lead in the National League Wild Card race. I'd love to see the New York Mets overtake the Phils and steal that playoff spot. Actually, both teams have plenty of time to make a run at the Eastern Division title.

I've been a Mets fan for a long time, but that's not the only reason I want to see the Phils shut out of the playoffs. I went to Veterans Stadium (pictured) once to see both teams play. The Philadelphia fans have a reputation for being rude, and they certainly lived up to their rep that day.

I guess I'd be surly if I lived in Philly and had to watch New York City area teams getting the glory. Since the Sixers won the NBA title in 1983, the Mets, Yankees, Giants, Rangers, and Devils have all won world championships. On the other hand, the Phillies and the Eagles came up short.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?