Saturday, August 27, 2005

MLB's response to bloggers

Recently, I tried to sign up for the PressBox at MLB.com. I wasn't exactly trying to scam press passes for playoff games or the World Series. Basically, I wanted to get access to images, so I can continue to make this site visually appealing. Below is the response I received:

--Dear Steve:
We have evaluated your application and determined that you do not meet the necessary criteria for membership in MLB Pressbox. If you believe that you have been denied access in error please contact us at pressboxhelp@website.mlb.com or call 1-866-800-1275.
Regards,
MLB Pressbox--

In other words: take a hike. That's fine by me. Many of the goodies PressBox offers (such as press releases, game notes, and stats) are readily available on the Web anyway. As far as pictures go, I'll make do, thanks!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?