Sunday, October 09, 2005

Beware of jerks

We could have seen this coming, I guess. Once again, in prime time, Ohio State took a gigantic crap on the field. This time, it happened against Penn State.

Fellow Buckeye fans, welcome back to the John Cooper era, during which OSU made an art of losing key games that were within its reach.

My wife has a slightly different take. She says OSU lacks the talent level to do anything significant this year. I totally agree.

What's even worse is that I have a few cohorts who seemingly have it out for me and for OSU, and live to see the Buckeyes lose. They'll never say anything to me when OSU wins. But, when OSU tanks, these guys love to crow about it.

My analysis: some of these so-called friends have never won anything in their lifetimes, so they have to live vicariously through teams to which they don't even have a connection.

They could take valuable life lessons from people like guest commentator Marty and my bowling coach Samir, two people who have won championships and don't use their successes as justification to put down anyone unnecessarily.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?