Saturday, October 15, 2005

Thank you, Wolverines!

Because so many people ragged on me following Ohio State's loss to Penn State, I'm really enjoying PSU's 27-25 loss to Michigan today. It's definitely worthy of a Jerry Seinfeld-like "That's a shame".

I said before that I couldn't see Michigan losing two straight games at home, and I was right. However, I know the Wolverines needed a last-second miracle to pull this one out and hand PSU its first loss of the season.

According to the Associated Press, after the game, Nittany Lions head coach Joe Paterno didn't make his players available for comment. That's just weak. If PSU had won, Paterno would've let his guys talk smack to the press.

Michigan needed this win to save its season. A loss today would've been No. 4 for 2005, and likely led to a meltdown within the Wolverines' program.

Props to Sirius for carrying this game, as well as the Ohio State and Notre Dame games.

Logo courtesy of The University of Michigan.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?