Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Big Ten needs to represent

Even though I graduated from Michigan, I don't root for the Wolverines very often. That's because I also have a degree from Ohio State, and I consider myself a Buckeye.

Earlier this season, I did pull for Michigan to beat Penn State. I'll be sort-of rooting for the Wolverines tonight when they take on Nebraska in the Alamo Bowl (no free corporate sponsor plug here).

I've always felt the Big Ten was the strongest conference in football. This year, it's sending seven teams to bowl games, and two of those squads are going to BCS contests. Of course, how well those Big Ten teams fare in bowls will really determine how strong the conference is.

If Michigan loses tonight, it would be interesting to hear everyone call for coach Lloyd Carr's head. But, how impressive is it to say OSU beat Michigan, if the Wolverines lose to a lackluster Nebraska team?

How bad would it look for OSU to have lost to PSU, if the Nittany Lions can't beat a four-loss Florida State team that's not really worthy of a BCS bowl?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?