Saturday, February 04, 2006

Opening the e-mail

The following note was sent to my e-mailbox after my take on pre-Super Bowl trash-talking:

I've been searching for Joey Porter blog commentaries and came across yours, but I have some questions:
1) Why would you be upset at what Stevens said? In effect, Stevens said "We're gonna win."
2) How is Stevens' comment a pot shot at Bettis?
Here's hoping for a great Super Bowl.

My answers:
1) Yes, in effect, Stevens did say the Seahawks would win. However, he downplayed his own message by saying it wasn't a guarantee. Either way, there's no problem as I see it.
2) This is where I had a problem; Stevens didn't have to single out any particular player, but he basically said it would be sad to see Jerome Bettis lose in his hometown. While Stevens didn't say "Bettis sucks", he hints that he'll enjoy Bettis' misfortune. Again, why mention anyone specific?

I hope the Super Bowl is a great one, too. Cheers, brother, and thanks for visiting!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?