Sunday, March 26, 2006

Pulling for George Mason

When Ohio State got knocked out of the NCAA tournament, I figured I no longer had a reason to keep watching or caring about March Madness.

I now have a reason. It's a longshot, but I hope George Mason wins the national championship. It was great to see Mason knock off UConn today to earn a spot in the Final Four.

Growing up in the New York City area, I was a St. John's fan, so I've never liked UConn. On top of that, we have a real underdog and virtual unknown in the Final Four. It's so refreshing to see one of the little guys make it to the big time, instead of a Duke.

Sports guys love good stories. Would there possibly be a better story out there than a team coming from almost nowhere to win a national title?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?