Friday, April 07, 2006

Mets unveil new park plans

File this under: "We're going to pay for it, one way or the other".

Yesterday, the New York Mets released their plans for a new stadium; it will be built in Queens near Shea Stadium. Private investment will cover $550 million of the construction costs. New York City will contribute $90 million, while the state is kicking in $75 million.

I had to send in a payment when I recently completed our family's New York State tax return. We know where part of that money is going.

I'm all for private investment. If a team wants a new stadium, it should find a way to pay for that. However, I fully expect that cost would be passed onto me and others in the form of higher ticket prices.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?